Colour Mixing Workshops
No More Mud – Colour Mixing Workshops
Colour mixing is one of the most difficult things an artist has to do. Even an artist who has been painting for some while can still have problems with getting just the right colour and there is always more to learn. To begin with, one must learn the basic colour mixing principles which are a lot more complicated than yellow and blue make green.
In April and May this year 2016 I will be holding two colour workshops.
In the Introductory Workshop you will learn:
- The basics—so you can understand why you get a particular colour from different colour combinations.
- This workshop will give you a strong grounding in the science of colour mixing. Without this basic understanding you will always find it difficult to mix the colour that you want.
- You will gain colour mixing experience and understand the differences between Primary, Secondary and Tertiary colours.
- We will take a look at complementary colours and why they are important.
- You will learn about the differences between tone, colour, hue and why things happen the way they do.
In the Advanced Workshop you will learn:
The second colour workshop will cover more advanced colour mixing knowledge. In order to attend this workshop you will have had to have done the introductory workshop first.
- More on colour values
- Mixing dominant and subordinate colour
- Abstract Complementaries
- Colour discords
- Analogous colours and split complementaries
- The psychology of colour
- We will look at relationships between colours, how they affect each other and how you can use this to your advantage.
These workshops will be for a full day and will be held on the following dates:
Introductory workshop Sunday February19
Advanced workshop Sunday March 5
HOW MUCH IS MY INVESTMENT? : Full Price $215 for each workshop
EARLY BIRD PAYMENT FOR FIRST WORKSHOP:
Opens January 19th – Closes Feb 5th.
- Early Bird Payment is $190 each workshop. If you book for both workshops you will receive a further $10 discount on the total. Your total payment therefore will be $370.
- A Payment plan is also available. You may spread the payments over 3, monthly payments of $80 per month for each workshop.
NB: When you make a payment please email me that you have done so and I will email you a list of the materials you will need to bring.
TIMES: Both Workshops are from 9am—4pm. It is a full day so you will need to bring lunch. Morning and afternoon tea are provided.
VENUE: Studio 1—60 Maitland Rd, Springfield
WHAT TO BRING: Once you have paid your deposit you will receive a follow up email with details of what you will need to bring. If you have any questions, please call or email me.
These workshops fill fast!! So if you are contemplating doing it – please don’t think about it too long.
The bank details are below –
Please put your FIRST NAME, LAST INITIAL and the following codes depending on what you are attending …. WKSHP I, WKSHP II or BOTH WKSHP on your deposit information.
NAME: Art Classes Central Coast
BANK: (Westpac Erina)
If you have any questions — please call me…. Kadira—04144 38121 however please note I will be unavailable to take calls between 7th – 21st April.
I’m looking forward to seeing you there!
What some previous participants had to say about the workshops:
- “Great place for me to start. Lots of practice to do at home. I will definitely come for more workshops.” Kim C
- “Definitely informative – practical info that will definitely be used and referred to in class and future art works. Great to learn basics.” Stephanie M
- “Really helpful learning, fun and relaxed environment. I’d definitely recommend this workshop to others. The stand out for me? ‘The Book’ – a great reference to keep and the ‘hands on’ which helped to bring the learning to life. ” Marg H