Creativity Tip 2 – Inspiration Back to other Creativity Tips
Inspiration – where can we find it? How can we be constantly inspired? Inspiration, strangely enough, is something we have to work at. It requires feeding. Our work is to find the food to enable it to germinate. This tip is not a new one but it is an invaluable one. How many of you have read about Artist Dates on the blog? What is an Artist Date?
It is taking time out on your own to feed your creative soul. It is doing things you like to do that you don’t normally do. This activity fills up the creative gas tank, so to speak. It gives you ideas to draw on when it comes time to create. Here are some ideas –
- Visit the library. Here you will find access to books, DVD’s, CD’s, magazines etc
- Take a walk – on the beach, in the forest, in nature
- Visit some antique shops
- Go to a craft market
- Spend an afternoon doing a gallery jaunt
- Go to the botanical gardens
- Pick a subject and take yourself on a photography shoot
These are just a few ideas – add to them or make a new list and then commit to doing one of them every week!!
Keep a journal of where you go and what you do – add any interesting things you pick up along the way. You are then building an invaluable resource for yourself the next time you feel inspirationally challenged!