Now for the third kind of coaching. I touched briefly on this in my Mentors and Coaches for Artists post.
The greatest favour you can ever do yourself is to work with a personal coach. Here are some more benefits of this relationship:
- Your coach has distance from your life. They get the big picture, which by the way, you can’t do without help.
- He/she will work with you at a very personal level which is the area we need to look at. Rich Schreffren says,’There is only one thing getting in the way of your success and that is you.’
- The person you have this relationship with comes to know you better than probably anyone else in your life. Not only that, the relationship is such that you allow them to call you on your stuff, to tell it like it is and then follow their advice – mostly LOL!
- This is a very unique and special relationship in your life, offering you a level of support that no one else does. They hold up a mirror of your own behaviour and help you make the changes you need to so you can get out of your own way and move forward.
- This relationship often develops into a long and lasting friendship.
Its a fascinating process – I highly recommend it.
I would love to hear your thoughts – perhaps there are other benefits I’ve missed ??
Previous posts on this topic: