Social Media is a hot topic these days.
Here are some more thoughts about social media for artists and the various platforms that I am using.
- Pinterest – I have several boards. It is great for photo research and to keep your work in the public eye. I am just beginning to tap into the potential of this platform. Pinterest now has a Pinterest Business account available if you are interested.
- Facebook – I have a page, however the problem is that I can’t seem to find a list of all my likers here. FB no longer lets you see them. This makes it hard to build a relationship with them because I don’t know who they are. One of the most useful things I’ve found about FB is it’s groups, facility. It’s a great way to stay in touch with people like your mastermind group. You post here instead of sending out oodles of emails.
- LinkedIn Profile – I also cross-post from my blog to this platform. It is a biz platform and not so much for visual artists however, although there are also some art professional groups here as well.
- Instagram – I discussed last week.
- Twitter – Is great for keeping people up to date with what is going on. I will often tweet posts that I put on Instagram.
- My Google+ Again, this is a relatively new platform for me, however despite my neglectful posting, I seem to get many more views here than elsewhere. Over 8400 views so far!
I don’t think you can be in business these days and neglect the social media side of things. This means you have to either farm it out to a third-party or get organized and do it yourself. The important thing is to do it regularly – not one of my strong points. I’m working on that one LOL! I will leave you with one person’s take on how to approach the different platforms – ie what voice to use.
This Weeks Question: Which social media platform are you focusing on and why is this the best one for your business?
Look For Next Thursday’s Post: More information on the upcoming exhibition at the Gosford Regional Art gallery and what you might expect to see there.