I’d like to introduce a different approach to creating today.
How would it be if you began your next creative project from new place?
Here are a few questions you might like to explore to assist you in starting from that place.
- Whether you create through painting, dance, sculpture, acting, accounting, cleaning or whatever it is for you – what might happen if you began from really connecting to your emotions i.e. how you are feeling?
- Can you begin from a place of joy and happiness or are you beginning from a place of frustration, anger and lack?
- Think about how those opposing emotions might influence the impact of your work, both the process and the out come of what you are doing.
- Are you in touch with the feelings inherent within your work and what the work is conveying to others?
- Is it important to you that you connect to your audience or is your work more a personal expression /statement?
I believe that many of my more successful works have emerged from times when I was really connected to myself or creating in aligned connection to source energy. At times, as creatives, many of our strong work arise out of what may have been difficult periods of our lives or intensely happy ones. Again it comes back to the intensity of the emotion. Regardless of what we are representing, it seems that the things we create with strong emotion resonate and connect more clearly with others.
I would be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced this in their work.